Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yummy vegan treats

I have always had a really sweet tooth and since changing to a vegan diet I have realized just how many desserts I can't eat :( I have only begun to experiment with recipes so I looked for some quick and easy sweet desserts/snacks.

The first one I found is from the grocery store Nyakers Authentic Swedish Ginger Snaps. They're so tasty and I am pretty sure they are also sold at Ikea under the name Anna's. They are cholesterol free, and trans fat free (even better).

The other treat that requires a little more effort than pulling out of a box, but still doesn't involve very much work, are baked apples.

Baked Apples

What you need:

4 Apples

8 tbsp Raw/brown sugar

2 tbsp vanilla

cinnamon (to taste)

water

What you do:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Get your apples and remove the cores

Get an oven safe dish and cover the bottom with about 1cm of water. Add vanilla into water.

Place the cored apples in the dish and put the 2 tbsp of sugar in each apple and sprinkle cinnamon as desired. Bake 10 to 12 mins.

Some people add walnuts, pecans, or even raisins as the picture shows.




No comments: